Saturday, November 1, 2008

Raking Leaves


Today, we started the "Raking Leaves Ritual" at our house. This ritual consists of the following: gathering the leaves into a pile the size of car, pushing them onto the biggest tarp you've ever seen, dragging the tarp to the front of the house, and dumping them on the road so the leaf-sucker truck (yes, that is the official term) can pick them up. We will probably repeat this ritual 3 more times before our humongous sycamore is finished dropping its leaves. But, it's worth it for the shade in the summer... at least that's what I told myself multiple times today. I would also like to report that I did not freak out even once when the boys ran through my pile and spread it everywhere over and over and over.......and over.

8 comments:

Kelseybob said...

We only have little baby trees at our house right now, so one big storm, (like today's) and they are all gone. I would love to have the summer shade more than not having to rake leaves!

kharris said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting. I can't wait to see them in July. I'm glad you now have a blog, even though it doesn't have a name!!!

Anonymous said...

I am truly impressed! Not only with your efforts on cleaning your yard, but with your patience with your adorable boys!

Misty said...

Adorable pic. You are amazing with that camera of yours!

~jen said...

what an awesome picture!! I'm going to bring my kids to your leaf pile for a photo op. We only have boring old evergreens at our house.

Keri Blue said...

I didn't even know that you had a blog!!!! I can't believe you've been holding out on me! I LOVE these pictures! You rock!

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

Anderson and Caleb are such handsome boys! I love the leaf raking picture! Chad, that is so awesome that you ran a marathon! I would have fallen over dead before the finish line! Great job! JennyLynn, good job letting the boys run through your pile over and over without getting mad-I understand your frustration. You are a great mom!

Heather said...

What a cute picture. :) I need to go rake my leaves. We are covered in them!