Sunday, November 9, 2008

Marathon











After 20 weeks of training and countless practice miles, Chad ran his marathon yesterday. He ran the 26.2 miles in 3 hrs and 17 minutes..... which I think is incredible in and of itself, but there was also a 3,000 ft elevation climb in the first eight miles! I think my husband is amazing. I admire his dedication and self-discipline. The boys and I had a great time being his fan club. I painted the boys' faces and then they painted mine. The day was beautiful; we were lucky the rain held off until the race was finished.

6 comments:

Keri Blue said...

That is just amazing to me...GO CHAD!!!!

I think that you had the cutest fan club there, Chad! The face painting turned out so cute. Was Chad surprised?? ;)

Heather said...

Congratulations Chad! Woo hoo!
JennyLynn I love that you let the boys paint your face.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you let the boys paint your face!!! You all look great! And kudos to Chad - I am beyond impressed. I thought I was pretty good doing a 5K. Which in comparison is rather embarrassing. It looks beautiful up there what a great place to run!

Anonymous said...

what and incredible feat for such tired feet
and the fans are tastic

Misty said...

Go Chad! And you get definite Mom Props on the face. Do you still keep in touch with Emily? Do you know how I can get a hold of her? does she have a blog or email?

Kelseybob said...

Way to go Chad. I am super impressed. The face painting is so draling. What a great fan club!