Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tidbits From My Day

     I have a new toothbrush. It is electronic with bristles that spin. When I walked into the bathroom this morning, I found Caleb using it to massage his back.... his bare back.  This is a child who is only forced to bathe on Sunday mornings. Today is Saturday. Yuck.

     I wish he would put a toothbrush in his mouth more often.  The other day I walked into the kitchen to find Caleb shoving a heaping spoonful of sugar into his mouth.  I asked him how many spoonfuls he had eaten.  His mouth was still full of sugar so he held up fingers.... 10!  Now I know where he gets all his energy.
Caleb- Party Animal

     Anderson's prayer at dinner: "Please bless that it won't rain on my birthday so that I can launch my rocket into space.  Please bless the food.  Amen." 

Rocket Plans- a work in progress

The look Anderson gets when he is devising a plan.


     Anderson wants a metal detector for Easter.  This request prompts a response I find myself giving every year: "The Easter Bunny doesn't bring big things.  The Easter Bunny can only bring things that will fit in a basket." 

     Do you think the Easter Bunny is male or female?  Some would argue that it is a 'she' because she lays eggs (huh?) and delivers them to children.  But, since we all know that it is impossible for a rabbit to lay eggs, it must be a rabbit that steals eggs from chickens.  And, statistically speaking, most criminals are male, so the Easter Bunny must be male.  What's your opinion... a mutant female or a thieving male?  Anderson would vote male because males are, in general, stronger than females; so, a male Easter Bunny would be able to deliver him a larger gift... a metal detector, perhaps.


Clark: cuteness personified.  Yes, he is wearing safety glasses.  These glasses are one of the many non-toy items I rely on to entertain him during church.  Have you ever noticed that babies don't really like to play with baby toys?  They like to play with turkey basters, metal canning rings, whisks, medicine droppers, and safety glasses.

1 comment:

kharris said...

We love it when you post because we know we will get a good laugh! We miss you and can't wait to see you again. Clark is getting so big and handsome! Keep up the good posting!