Thursday, April 2, 2009

My camera is having technical difficulties; sorry for the lack of photos.

My boys continue to be a source of amazement, entertainment (and I admit... sometimes frustration) for me. Anderson is very interested in letters lately. He will spend an hour sitting at the table writing line after line of letters. It looks like he will go into kindergarten being able to write his own name after all. Yeah! Caleb is dressing himself these days, which means he is wearing one of three outfits: 1) Batman pajamas 2) Polar Bear Pajamas, or 3) the Spiderman boxer shorts and the Diego PJ shirt. As you can tell, he makes quite the fashion statement. At least he is putting his limbs through the proper holes now.

Today, the boys and I went to Chad's school to see his Spanish 3 and Spanish 4 classes perform a play in spanish. Chad has spent hours working on the set for this play. He made it out of PVC pipe so that it can be collapsed and reused in years to come. It has windows and doors.... quite inventive. He covered the pipe framework with butcher paper and the painted it to look like log cabin walls; it looked awesome! But.... poor Chad... the play is ready to start, and where is the girl who is suppose to play the lead part? The school is having a blood drive, and she has decided, suddenly, that it is very important for her to donate blood. Seriously, folks! It is interesting what stage fright will drive a person to do. So, Chad performed the lead part in a skirt and curly blond wig! He was hilarious. And to be honest, the play was probably a lot better than it would have been. Take that Miss Blood Donor!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she ditched at the last minute, although I would pay a lot of money to see Chad perform in a wig and skirt. I say more power to Caleb for dressing himself -- even if it is a little "different."

Kelseybob said...

Yay for Chad! I would have loved to see that! Sheldon is always writting notes and things to me... most of the time they are even nice! :) I'm glad Anderson has fun with letters. Kindergarten will be fun for him. I love seeing kids that have dressed themselves. My Allie comes up with some great outfits too!