Today was Anderson's first trip to the dentist. This is something he has been begging to do for a long time. He was so well behaved. I am very proud of him. He got a bag full of cool dental hygiene stuff, a prize from the treasure chest, and a free pizza coupon. He has carried this bag around all day. This evening he said, "Mom, my tooth hurts... I think we need to go to the dentist again." Nice try!While we were at Papa Murphy's this evening (getting Anderson's free pizza), I had a frightening experience. I was holding the boys up, one at a time, to see the workers make our pizza. While I was holding Caleb, Anderson thought it would be fun to hold onto my back pockets and jump up and down. Unfortunately for me, all of my jeans that actually fit are dirty and I was wearing the next size up. Needless to say, my jeans began slipping downward at an alarming rate! I set Caleb down and grabbed my pants. Anderson, who was still jumping, rammed his forehead into my elbow. Anderson began screaming/crying because I had hurt him. Caleb was pitching a fit because I had set him down, and I was trying to recover my....dignity. I don't think I exposed too much (thank heavens for the long shirt I was wearing), but we did put on quite a show! Let this be a lesson to you all.... Never wear baggy jeans at Papa Murphy's!
My boys love to wrestle. I try to not interfere too much so they can get all that 'boy energy' out. But, when the crying starts, I jump in. This evening as I pulled Anderson off a crying Caleb, Caleb sobbed out, "I'm all right Mom! I like it, I like it!" He wanted more! Crazy kid!
At the dentists office, they put a fluoride "varnish" on Anderson's teeth. They sent us home with the instructions: 1) Only soft foods for the next 12 hours and 2) no brushing or flossing tonight. This way, the varnish will have optimal time to work. Anderson was very dedicated at following these instructions. As I was tucking him in, he asked, "Mom, can I pick my nose and put my boogers in my mouth?" Yummy!
2 comments:
I laughed out loud - twice. Once at the sorry Papa Murphy's chaos that is parenting and once at Anderson's culinary choices. I so wish you lived closer (or we lived closer to you) because I think I'm falling in love with your boys.
Sort of like the time William lovingly rescued his used kleenex from imminent death in the garbage to harvest his blown boogs. "Oh no, Mom! Those are good ones!" Nasty! I say these boys are two peas in a pod.
Post a Comment