Quite a bit has been going on here. First of all, we are back in our home ward. For the past year, we have been assigned to a ward about 20 miles south of us. Their numbers are dwindling, so we were asked to go help out. It has been a great experience. It is hard to say goodbye to new friends, but nice to come back to our home ward and see old friends again.
The boys were sick this weekend with the stomach flu. I have been very lucky so far as a mother.... this was our first experience with children vomiting. I felt so sorry for the boys. At one point they both just zonked out from the sheer exhaustion of it all. Caleb was still wrapped in a towel from his 4th bath... and Anderson was laying on the hardwood floor with his head propped on a blanket. Poor guys! Fortunately, they are both feeling better.
Tonight we started what might become a family tradition. For family home evening (yes... I know it's only Sunday night.... we hold Family Home Evening at random intervals whenever Anderson requests it. It averages out to be weekly, so we go with it.) Anyway, for family home evening, we pulled out our 72 hour kits. We removed all the food that will soon be expiring and had a 72 hour kit dinner: fried SPAM, peanuts, protein bars, and canned pears. It was a lot of fun... and the food really wasn't that bad, either. Now the trick is remembering to buy new food and replace it.
Warning: the following text contains potty training information. Read at your own risk.
Anderson still requests that I wipe his bottom. The other day he informs me, "You are not a very good bottom-wiper." "Oh really!" I say. I'm puzzled because I definitely do an effective job. "Yeah," he replies, "Dad is a lot better." I told Chad.... I knew he would be flattered. Some of us just don't have those 'bottom-wiping' skills, I guess.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I like the idea of trying out your 72 hour food to see how it goes over with the kids. We will have to try it. I am sorry that your bottom-wiping skills are not up to par, though. At least you have someone willing to tell you about it.
That's true. Honesty is important.
The 72 Hr. kit idea is fabulous. Now to get a 72 hr. kit!!
There are perks to not being so good at something you know:)
Ha! Ha! Did you subliminally plant that seed with Anderson???? Suuuuuure Dad's wiping skills are better, tricky, tricky mom! ;) Well, if it makes you feel any better you can wipe my.....no....that won't work....uhhh, you are a fantastic friend!
Thank you so much for the apple tart last night! I ate two of the three pieces as soon as you left. The other is for breakfast this morning!
Post a Comment