Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Few Facts About Each of Us.


     Caleb is a ladies’ man.  He has been for a number of years.  When Anderson tries to tease him about liking a girl, he just shrugs and says, “Yep, I like her.”  End of teasing. 


     He has kissed several girls, and often makes comments such as, “I hope ____ (insert girl’s name) likes watermelon, because I like watermelon.  When we get married, we are going to eat a lot of watermelon.”


     When I picked Caleb up from kindergarten today, he announced that he has a new friend, "Her name is Jordan.  Can we go to the store so I can buy a necklace for her?”  (See, this 5 year old already realizes that women like jewelry… this boy is a natural.)  We went home and made a necklace for Jordan.  During bedtime, he pulled it out of his backpack and proudly showed it to Chad.  During the day, I heard him say Jordan’s name a few times…. Just to hear the sound of it, I guess.



    


    Tonight, I watched as Anderson stepped up onto the toilet seat, balanced with his feet on the sides of the rim, lifted one leg and flushed with his foot.  He did this all without touching the toilet with his hands.  I was speechless.

     When you have a 5-year gap between children, you forget a few things.  I forgot that the dishwasher is the best toy in the house.  Clark will come crawling from anywhere in the house when he hears it open. 


Clark has the same gimpy crawl that Anderson and Caleb had.  Check it out:


No comments: