Sunday, March 18, 2012

Clark Update





Clark is quite the celebrity in our home.  He is constantly entertained by his four adoring fans (Anderson, Caleb, Mom, and Dad).  His brothers are the first to rush in his room the moment he wakes up.


He is now sitting on his own and should be crawling in a month or so.  While he is sitting, he will lean himself way forward and rest his weight on his hands; that is, until the weight of his large noggin pulls him forward and he face-plants onto the floor.  Have I mentioned that all our floors are hardwood?  Poor Clark.  He is quite the drama king when he is injured.  I think he cries more from the insult and embarrassment of the whole thing than from any real physical pain.


I want to break him of the habit of falling asleep with a pacifier, so the other day I placed him down for a nap without it.  He fussed without really crying for about 10 minutes before he quieted down.  “That was easy,” I thought to myself.  I counted myself lucky until I peeked in his room later: he had turned, rolled, and wiggled his way to the end of his crib where he discovered his pacifier.  He had plopped it into his mouth and fallen asleep with his hand still clutching it to his face.  Apparently, I have some work ahead of me.


Clark has such beautiful eyes and such long eyelashes.  I continually get compliments on "what a pretty little girl" he is.  I just smile and say "thank you."  Perhaps Clark will not appreciated that I have recorded this for posterity.

1 comment:

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

What a gorgeous guy.......he has beautiful eyes!