Caleb is scared of monsters, as most 5 year olds are. He is convinced they live in the quiet corners of our house waiting to eat him when he enters a room alone. The thought of entering my bedroom to get a diaper for Clark as I wait in the living room reduces him to tears. This is frustrating for me because he is my slave, and I need him to fetch and carry for me all day! =)
I have tried the blunt truth: "Caleb, there are no monsters."
I have tried logic: "Caleb, I have been alive for a long time and I have never seen a monster. I'm not even very strong.... they would have eaten me by now if they were real."
Yesterday, we even experimented: I put Clark on the floor in the middle of my room. Caleb and I retreated down the hall and announced, "Free baby! Come and get a delicious baby!" Sure enough, no monsters came out and ate Clark. (I can't decide if this experiment proves I am a smart mom or a bad mom.)
Caleb seemed pretty convinced by the results of our experiment. We enjoyed a monster-free day. Today, unfortunately, the monsters are back. It goes to show that truth, logic, and scientific experimentation are no match against the power of imagination.
3 comments:
Bummer! I hope no monsters impede my use of child labor after this baby comes, because I'm counting on the help.
You are a fantastic Mom! What an awesome idea! You may have to repeat the experiment daily until he realizes the monsters have moved on. Good luck <3
So funny! I love the picture!
Post a Comment