Sunday, November 6, 2011

I pity the Tooth Fairy



The Tooth Fairy works overtime for the Harris family. Not only does she come for lost teeth, but
she also comes at Halloween. We have arranged for her to pay the boys five cents for every piece of Halloween candy they leave out for her at night. Anderson is highly motivated to earn money and leaves quite a bit. Caleb leaves enough to prevent the tooth fairy from feeling insulted by his lack of participation.

I feel sorry for the Tooth Fairy, though. I imagine that she intends to store this candy away and use it later, one piece at a time, to reward good little children. But, I bet she stares at this candy all day when the children are at school. I bet she feels her self-control slipping. Before she knows it, her lips are smeared with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Starburst wrappers (mostly the red and orange ones) litter the floor around her. Poor Tooth Fairy! She’s going to have to pull out her larger pair of wings.

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

Poor Tooth Fairy! What a great idea though!

Jana said...

Jenny Lynn - You need to be writing for a newspaper. You are so entertaining!!!! Sure do love you all!!!