Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Anderson motioned me over while he was looking through a toy catalogue today. He pointed to a collection of 'authentic-looking' dinosaur teeth. "This is what I'm going to get you for Christmas," he said.

 "Wow!" I managed to reply with a straight face.

 "Yep" he said.  "But, I don't have any money, so you'll have to get me some."
So, not only do I get to be the owner of dinosaur teeth, but I get to spend $29.95 of my own money to become one.
Later today, Anderson ran into the room yelling, "Flying Saucer! Flying Saucer! Get the video camera! Quick!"  
I asked him if he thought the noise we were hearing from outside was his 'flying saucer.' It was really only a street sweeper truck. "Aw man!" he said as he slumped his shoulders and walked out.
My boy is growing up too fast. So, it makes me happy that he is still young enough to choose dinosaur teeth as a gift and believes that filming a UFO is a realistic possibility.

1 comment:

Russ and Em said...

That is just fantastic. It is one of the wonderful things about parenthood