Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oh Dear.

Now that Anderson is in kindergarten, I am able to spend more time with Caleb. I know that Caleb, being a second child, has never received the amount of one-on-one time that Anderson did at his age; sometimes I worry that I've neglected to teach Caleb things that Anderson knew by now. The other morning we were working on learning colors. I pointed to orange, and Caleb responded, "orange." Genius child.... and I was worried his education had been neglected! I point to green; Caleb responds, "Hulk." Well... not the correct response, but Incredible Hulk is green. Next, I point to red: "Spiderman!," is the reply. And blue: "Superman!!" Oh dear. The other colors he is just confused by. Apparently there is a lack of yellow, purple, and pink superheroes. Someone ought to check into that.... How do they expect our children to get a well-rounded education?!

A side note: How does my child know all the superheroes even though we don't watch superhero shows? Their images are plastered on clothes, toys, and food boxes. If we really want the preschoolers of America to learn something, we should plaster it on their toys.

5 comments:

Jeannetta said...

Power Rangers. Yellow. Pink. Green.
It's got them all. :D

This was hysterical by the way!

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

I love it! Aldi actually does have some pretty good educational information on their cereal boxes believe it or not! I feel the same way you do with not spending as much one on one time with the other kids. Somehow if you work mostly on loving them it all works out. You are an awesome mom and I'm sure Caleb will figure out his colors! Let's see.....purple is for Barney and orange is for the guy on Yo Gabba, Gabba. If you have not seen that show you should look it up on line just for the laugh. The "host" looks pretty funny!

Russ and Em said...

I think your Cereal Education campaign would be a big hit! You could go all the way up through high school!

Keri Blue said...

I love this SO MUCH about Caleb!

Heather said...

I totally agree about the second child thing. I spent TONS of time doing educational things with Sydney, but hardly any with Ethan. The nice thing is, Sydney likes to take on that role - of teaching her brother, so it somehow works itself out.