And the Award Goes to Caleb for the best injury of 2009! (so far). I hope no one at our house tops this one. While we were at a campground, Caleb rode his bike off a ledge and face-planted on rocks and brambles. Ouch. I did take him in to the ER (I prefer the instant care clinic, but the ER was the only place open once we made the drive home from the campground). I wanted to make sure his eyeball was okay; the verdict: no scratches on his cornea and his retina did not detach. Phew! Perhaps I'm an overcautious mother, but it is his vision we are talking about. I would rather err on the side of caution. I have such big plans for my children to be professional football/basketball players (Tee Hee!). I just don't want Caleb to be at a disadvantage. ;)
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
And the Award Goes to......
And the Award Goes to Caleb for the best injury of 2009! (so far). I hope no one at our house tops this one. While we were at a campground, Caleb rode his bike off a ledge and face-planted on rocks and brambles. Ouch. I did take him in to the ER (I prefer the instant care clinic, but the ER was the only place open once we made the drive home from the campground). I wanted to make sure his eyeball was okay; the verdict: no scratches on his cornea and his retina did not detach. Phew! Perhaps I'm an overcautious mother, but it is his vision we are talking about. I would rather err on the side of caution. I have such big plans for my children to be professional football/basketball players (Tee Hee!). I just don't want Caleb to be at a disadvantage. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW! We were so worried! I'm glad he's OK. Looks like that pro career is still an option :D
Man that looks bad, I don't blame you for being worried. And this way he can practice his tough "I just got beat up in a fight" face to prepare him for pro sports! :)
Nice! Good job, Caleb. I'm sure it's the first of many to come. In our house, the injuries are usually caused by a sibling....
Ouch! That looks like it really hurt! I'm glad he's okay!
Post a Comment