Friday, January 30, 2009

A Brief Encounter with Potty Training

When it comes to potty training, I am a very lazy mother. I figure if I wait long enough, they'll figure it out themselves... which is pretty much how it happened with Anderson a year ago. So, I was surprised yesterday when Caleb said, "I wear underwear today." He's a little young, I thought to myself, but why not? After 1 accident and 2 successful uses of the potty, I sent the boys in the backyard to play. I instructed Anderson to show Caleb how to pee on the lawn (I know you are all shocked... but, I am the mother of two little boys... and, did I already mention that I am lazy?) Anyway, it was a big hit! Anderson even constructed a square out of sticks for them to aim at. I brought out cups of juice and the party continued. Caleb did pretty well the rest of the day.

Today, however, using the potty just wasn't something Caleb was interested in. I wasn't motivated enough to pursue it either. So, maybe this was just one step in the long potty training process. Or, maybe we will have another Pee Party in the back yard tomorrow.






The ability to nap anywhere... a valuable skill to have.

3 comments:

Jeannetta said...

THIS is hilarous!! Having boys myself, I completely understand!! lol
While we never had pee parties, I will remember this for my grandchildren~evil laugh~

Anonymous said...

I am totally supportive of backyard pee parties (Although having two girls I can't host any myself.) I do think that waiting as long as possible is an excellent idea!

I wish that my kids had the skills to take a nap anywhere. I have no idea how to teach that to them and they will almost only nap in their own beds. In their own houses. If the stars are aligned. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I love the pee party! That is so awesome and I love that Anderson used his "building skills" to make a target! Hilarious! You are awesome JennyLynn! I hate potty training too!