Thursday, April 14, 2011

Buried Treasure

Five years ago, Chad, a much younger Anderson, and I built the raised flower beds around the front of our house. During that process, Chad's wedding ring slipped off and was lost. We searched everywhere, and even borrowed a friend's metal detector, with no luck. Several years ago, we bought him a new ring (I finally got fed up with all the ladies hitting on Chad!). Yesterday, the boys and I were preparing the ground out in front to plant peas and carrots. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear? Chad thinks we should sell it and put the money towards a new wedding ring for me. Mine is lost in the house somewhere. It's been missing a year, so I think we should just wait another four years and it will turn up.

4 comments:

Wendell said...

that's so awesome. mine has been lost for about 4 or 5 years, so maybe any day now it will turn up. We haven't replaced it, I just wear a fake. :)

Wendell said...

Oh, and that was from Heather, not Wendell. ha ha

J said...

What are the chances?

Russ and Em said...

That is a great story. I agree with you your ring is bound to turn up in another four years!