Yesterday during church, I leaned down to Anderson and encouraged him to think about Jesus during the passing of the sacrement. Perhaps you could draw a picture of Jesus, I suggested. "That's a good idea," he replied. Satisfied with our conversation, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the peace and quiet. After a few minutes, I looked down to check on his progress. I was shocked to find a picture of Darth Vader fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi on top of a building. In Anderson's defense: the building was a manger.
We try to make Sunday our family day, and so we've decided not to let the boys play games on the computer during this day. Caleb struggles with Sunday and the limitations it puts on his activities. He asks multiple times during the day, "Is it still Sunday?"
Last Sunday, Caleb came in to me with his eyes open wide and his eyebrows raised high. "I have a great idea," he said. "We can type in 'Lego.com' on the computer and I can play.... and then tonight when we pray, we just won't tell God. He'll never know!"
1 comment:
Your boys make me laugh...We have so many girl versions of the same things.
Post a Comment