Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nocturnal

Neither of my boys nap. Every once in a while, when one of them is having a meltdown, I will encourage them to go take a nap. A recent conversation with Anderson went like this:

Mom: "I need you to go lie down and rest."
Anderson (rubbing his red-rimmed eyes): "I'm not tired."
Mom: "That's okay... just go and lie down."
Anderson: "I can't sleep during the day, Mom. I am not nocturnal. You are just trying to make me nocturnal!"

Yes. Because I want him awake all night. Right.

Our hamsters, delivered by Santa, are nocturnal. They run on that little wheel of theirs All. Night. Long. They are now transferred from the boys room to the kitchen every night. Their names are Spike and Butch. These were originally some nicknames I gave the boys. I teased them that Spike and Butch were the names we really gave them when they were born. I am flattered that they transferred these names to the hamsters.

Spike the Nocturnal Hamster

A side note: I have embraced my true nature and now wear my hair curly. Behold me in my 'naturally curly' glory!:



6 comments:

Russ and Em said...

First -- I LOVE the hair!! Wow, your husband is a lucky man.

Second, you are the nicest mom in the world that you even bought your kids hamsters. I am not that brave. Just make sure you keep them apart. I think we ended up with baby hamsters 2-3 times in my growing up years from hamsters we were told were both female.

Finally, I am sorry that your kids don't take naps. Again, you deserve and award!

Kelseybob said...

Love the hair!

My kids want hamsters, but they make me a little grossed out, plus I think the dogs would try to eat them!

Heather said...

your hair is darling!

Unknown said...

(this is josh by the way)
I'm glad my cousins are inheriting the harris stay up late gene. I think they're about old enough to stay up all night playing world domination risk.

Jeannetta said...

LOVE the hair! It's adorable :)
NO hamsters here however, I have PTSD from my childhood over those things!

J said...

I like your curly a lot!! I am glad you are going all natural.